Let’s be clear. Air pollution was a huge problem for many decades. The atmosphere is clouded with hazardous chemicals, dust, and mold spore particles. Global hysteria caused by a coronavirus outbreak only highlights the long-known issue. In essence, this planet can be a dangerous place to inhabit. But there’s always a solution! With Moldex respirator masks, you are going to be safe and secure from the majority of dangerous airborne particles.
This review takes an in-depth look at Moldex respiratory protection equipment. We will talk about their protective qualities and uses in daily life. Additionally, we will tell you about the proper way to wear any protective half mask. That’s not all! Keep reading to discover the most popular Moldex respirators from different series. Sounds interesting? Let’s get going!
Best of Moldex Respirators
Moldex offers many types of respirators. We know that it’s easy to get confused by the variety of series. That’s why we want to highlight the most popular respirators out of the N, R, and P series of Moldex protection masks.
We will start by emphasizing what all of these have in common:
- All of them have been certified by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
- Every respirator in this list has a minimum filtering efficiency of 95.5% for airborne microbial particles.
- Each mask undergoes testing to rule out the chance of manufacturing defect.
- All Moldex products are PVC-free. They are made from safe materials to ensure that no one is exposed to allergens. However, some products in the “HandyStrap” series have adjustable straps that contain latex.
What about their differences? Let’s find out!
N95 Healthcare and Surgical Respirator
- Over 99.9% of bacterial filtering.
- Approximately 95% of efficiency for non-oil particulates.
- High level of resistance against surgical smoke and laser plumes.
- Soft and comfortable.
- Molded nose bridge.
- Tight and secure fit.
- Available in 4 sizes (from extra small to large).
As the name suggests, the Moldex N95 respirator is an excellent protective solution for healthcare facilities. The Dura-Mesh casing provides increased durability, as well as heat and humidity resistance. That way, you can safely use this mask multiple times before discarding it.
The mask is effective for doctors, nurses, and surgeons. It’s also recommended for fire and rescue teams, as well as for law enforcement.
N99 Series Premium Particulate Respirator
- Over 99% of filter efficiency for non-oil particulates.
- Flame, humidity, and heat resistant construction.
- Soft nose cushion and lining.
- Comfortable fit due to adjustable straps.
Moldex respirators from the N99 series offer an increased level of protection compared to N95. These masks can filter approximately 99% of non-oil air pollutants.
This is a reusable respirator. The heat and humidity-resistant Dura-Mesh shell make this face mask extremely durable.
The comfortable construction and adjustable straps will make sure that there’s a tight seal between the respirator and your face. At the same time, the exhale valve allows the wearer to breathe with ease. That way, you can achieve maximal convenience and protection for the day-to-day routine.
N100 Series Particulate Respirator
- 99.9% of filter efficiency (except for oil aerosols).
- Breathable wave design.
- Comfortable and full-face seal.
- Adjustable cloth straps.
- Smooth inner lining and molded nose bridge.
- Resistant against heat and humidity.
We’re getting to even higher levels of protection. The N100 series Moldex face mask offers almost ideal protection against the majority of air pollutants.
The respirator contains no metal, which makes it feel lightweight. At the same time, you can wear it around your neck on a strap when you don’t need it. The construction itself is highly adjustable and very comfortable, which makes it a perfect fit for any wearer. It’s also reusable due to the Dura-Mesh shell.
However, the N100 series still doesn’t safeguard against oil particulates. For that purpose, we have the R95, P95, and P100 series.
R95 Series Particulate Respirators
- Over 95% filtering efficiency.
- Can filter oil aerosols (for a limited time).
- Humidity and heat resistant.
- Durable and reusable.
- Secure fit without pressure points.
- Convenient strap.
- Allows for easier and cooler breathing due to the Ventex valve.
- No metal in the construction.
- Soft foam nose cushion.
- Comes in 2 sizes (regular and OSHA-approved version).
- Available in versions for military and law enforcement.
R95 series offers professional-grade protection for a wide variety of professions. It’s lightweight, durable, and comfortable. The mask offers about 95% filtering efficiency, just like N95 respirators. That being said, it has one significant difference. Unlike the N95 model, this Moldex respirator can protect against oil-based particles.
This model can be useful for many activities. For example, it would come in handy in construction, metalworking, foresting, and brazing. It’s also in demand among law enforcement.
P95 AirWave Series
- Over 95% of particle filtering efficiency, including oil-based aerosols.
- Breathable design.
- Adjustable and hangable strap.
- Full seal and secure fit.
- Adequate flame and heat resistance.
- Comfortable to wear.
This Moldex face mask is characterized by the “wave” design. As the name suggests, it’s made for easier and calmer breathing (even without a valve).
It possesses all the perks of the R95 series. The model offers adjustable straps, Dura-Mesh shell, and soft construction. It’s also pretty durable, given that you wear it the right way. In addition to that, this facewear provides full-scale protection against oil aerosols.
P100 Series Particulate Respirator
- Almost 100% filtering efficiency.
- Suitable solution against pollutions, viruses, toxic dust, and oil-based aerosols.
- No metal in the noseband.
- Adjustable straps for maximal seal.
- Soft inner lining made to increase the wearer’s comfort.
- Ventex valve for letting out hot air.
- Comes in large and medium sizes.
The P100 Particulate Respirator is the most secure facewear on this list. It stands at 99.97% filter efficiency. It means that the mask provides exceptional protection against all kinds of oil and non-oil particles, as well as hazardous pollutants.
It’s very durable and comfortable. This respirator can be safely used under harsh circumstances. For example, this mask fits those who work at nuclear power generators and in pharmaceutical manufacturing. The respirator is also appliable for activities that involve handling hazardous substances.
What is Moldex Mask?
Moldex is a Los Angeles based organization founded back in 1960. The company creates and supplies customers worldwide with excellent respiratory protection equipment for several decades. With over 70 patents and acclaim from various international health organizations, Moldex is rightfully considered one of the industry’s leaders.
This company offers a wide variety of respirators with different levels of protection. Their products include anti-dust masks, facewear for industrial workers, surgeon masks, as well as top-grade respirators.
Where are Moldex Masks made?
We have good news! The majority of the Moldex respirators are being manufactured in the US. The company also has facilities all over Europe and supplies its products in more than fifty countries worldwide.
That being said, you can always check the product’s box to make sure. But if you’re living in America, you can be confident that you’ve got a US-made facewear.
Do Moldex Respirators Protect Against Airborne Pollutions and Viruses?
All of the equipment in our list is viable against hazardous particles found in the air. As we mentioned, the abovementioned face masks offer NIOSH-approved filtering quality.
Moldex N95 respirator masks can filter at least 95% of non-ail particles. According to research, face masks with 95% efficiency prevent the inhalation of virus particles. They also could be worn by people who already got sick to halt the spreading of the infection.
Masks with an N99 and N100 certifications filter from 99% to 99.7% of airborne particles, thus making them extremely useful against germs, flue, and even COVID-19. The R95, P95 and P100 Moldex respirator series differ from the N-series masks by providing extra resistance to oil.
How to Wear a Moldex Respirator?
Do you know how to nullify the protective qualities of even the strongest respirator? Just wear it the wrong way. Your safety from viruses and bacteria can thwart if you don’t use your Moldex respirator properly. And that concerns any face mask. How to maximize the effectiveness of your facewear? We strongly encourage you to follow The World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.
- Stick to the rules of hand hygiene. Wash hands with soap or use alcohol-based substances before touching the mask.
- Make sure to cover your nose under the mask as well. Don’t leave any gaps between the respirator and your face.
- Don’t touch the inner side or the front of the mask before or while wearing it.
You must know when and how to use your facial protection. Remember that you can put yourself at more risk if you wear the respirator incorrectly. And make sure to avoid readjusting it while it’s on your face.
When Should You Replace a Moldex Mask?
Make sure to change your facewear under the following instances:
- Immediately after you come in contact with bodily fluids (saliva, blood, and others).
- If you touched the front of the mask with unwashed hands.
- After more than 6 hours of continuous wearing.
- When your respirator mask starts to feel humid or damp.
Moldex respirator masks offer excellent build quality and comfortability. The products come in many versions with different levels of safety. That’s why you’re certain to find a mask for any purpose, be it house cleaning, industrial work, or protection from airborne viruses. Are you ready to acquire the best respiratory protection equipment on the market? Then order one of the Moldex products today.