It’s easy to forget that face masks were popular long before the global coronavirus outbreak. And now it’s becoming increasingly harder to find proper respiratory protection equipment. It’s true that scientists still debate whenever it’s worth bothering to wear a face mask at all. Yet, some people want to do all in their power to protect themselves from hazardous airborne pollution. In this review, we are going to tell you about Kimberly Clark masks and their effectiveness in various aspects of life.
As we mentioned, this company was known for its respiratory protection products for decades prior to the global pandemic. You might be surprised, but procedure masks are efficient during regular chores. Want to know how? Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
Below, you’ll find everything about Kimberly Clark respirators and masks. Stick until the end to learn how to wear facewear properly to maximize its effectiveness. You’ll also discover if it’s useful against viruses and pollutants.
Kimberly Clark Masks: Purpose and Usage
This company strives to provide protective solutions for all sorts of activities and purposes. Kimberly Clark catalog lists children’s face masks, respirators for adults, and equipment aimed at people working in specialized fields.
Want to know about the best ways to utilize these products? Let’s name a few.
- House and yard work. Basic Kimberley Clark procedure masks offer fantastic protection against dust and non-toxic air pollutants. Are you planning on performing a deep house cleaning? Need to do some lawn mowing? One mask would be more than enough to save you from sneezes and coughs from the dust.
- Dentistry. Kimberley Clark face masks are highly recommended for dental professionals. According to guidelines from the Center for Disease Control in the US, a surgical mask must have at least a 95% bacterial filtration rate to be efficient. Kimberly Clark Fluidshield face mask and N95 respirators both meet this criterion, making them a perfect choice for dental work.
- Health care and medical workers. The World Health Organization (WHO) advocates the use of surgical and procedure masks among representatives of public health, IPC professionals, and health care workers. It’s especially crucial to use them in times of global pandemic and coronavirus outbreak. That’s why Kimberley Clark’s protective facewear offers adequate protection for people in these fields.
And the list goes on. However, you must remember to use your mask appropriately if you want it to be effective. Interested to know how you should wear the mask properly? Don’t worry. We’ll get back to that in a few minutes.
What is a Kimberly Clark Mask?
Kimberly-Clark is a renowned industrial business with headquarters in Dallas, Texas. Founded in 1872 in Neenah (Wisconsin), this enterprise has become one of the world’s most recognizable brands. It aims to provide a wide variety of care and protection products to customers all over the world.
But we assume you want to hear about their masks. Then, you’d be glad to know that Kimberly Clark is a worldwide leader in the industry of respiratory protection equipment. And that’s precisely what we’re going to talk about below.
Where is Kimberly Clark Masks Made?
Kimberly Clark has manufacturing plants and facilities all over the US. For example, the company is present in Neenah, Appleton, and Marinette.
It operates and distributes the majority of its products in America.
However, most of Kimberly Clark masks are made in Mexico with materials supplied by the company’s US-based plants.
What are Kimberly Clark Masks Made From?
All of Kimberly Clark’s facewear is made using a three-layered protective construction that offers maximal comfort. It’s not just about luxury, though. The idea is to provide the most secure fit in order to enhance the wearer’s protection.
Their distinctive characteristics include:
- Patented material combination and design.
- High-quality nosepieces.
- Smooth inner lining.
- Comfortable breathing chambers.
The manufacturer uses top-grade and safe materials in the construction of these masks. They include polyester, paper, carbon steel, and polypropylene. These respirators don’t contain any latex or other irritants. Therefore, allergic people also shouldn’t have any reason to worry.
Kimberly Clark Masks: Most Popular Products for Consumers
Are you looking for a cheap and disposable face mask? Or do you want to have proper protection from hazardous germs and airborne viruses? We’ve got you covered either way! Keep reading to learn about the most popular Kimberly Clark masks and respirators for personal protection.
Kimberly-Clark Procedure Mask
- Enclosed nosepiece.
- Sonically bonded materials.
- Available in 3 colors.
- Comes in one (regular) size.
A cheap and straightforward solution for people looking for basic protection. As with most Kimberly Clark masks, this product offers a three-layered structure. It’s also non-sterile and made from safe materials to prevent possible skin irritation.
This mask comes only in one size. At the same time, it’s likely to fit most people due to its pleated front and two ear loops.
All in all, this is a cheap yet efficient facewear. Still, you have to understand it won’t give you any viable protection against germs and viruses. Kimberly Clark has other models for that purpose.
Kimberly-Clark Fluidshield Procedure Face Mask
- Approximately 95% filtration efficiency.
- Provides level-3 fluid resistance against bacteria and viruses.
- Breathable fabric and soft lining.
- Tight and secure fit.
- Recognized by an American Society for Testing and Materials.
This facewear aims at people who want to have a maximal level of fluid resistance. Medical staff, IPC professionals, dentists, and healthcare workers will make the most use of this mask.
It provides an excellent level of protection in lab environments with a high risk of blood and bodily fluid exposure. At the same time, Kimberly-Clark Fluidshield Procedure Mask offers great resistance against bacteria and viruses.
Just make sure not to wear it for too long because it’s disposable equipment. Therefore, remember to replace it with a new one every six or eight hours.
Kimberly-Clark N95 Surgical Mask (Respirator)
- Disposable mask.
- Provides over 95.5% of filtration efficiency for particle sizes of 0.3 microns.
- Tight fit due to 2 polyurethane bands.
- 2 pediatric face mask sizes available: small and regular.
- Certified by NIOSH and FDA.
N95 masks are known for their increased filtration effectiveness compared to standard procedure masks. They have a high level of efficiency against smaller inert particles and microbes (smaller than 0.3 microns).
This product comes in two sizes. It’s available in a regular version for adults and as a child size face mask. It also has two polyurethane bands to provide a secure and comfortable fit.
Kimberly-Clark N95 is designed for wearing in work environments and highly populated areas. You can be sure that this mask will ward you off from airborne germs thanks to a good seal and NIOSH-certified respiratory protection.
How to Wear Kimberly Clark Masks?
As we mentioned, you must wear a mask appropriately if you want it to be useful. Here’s the point. Why go through the trouble of acquiring a mask if you nullify its protective qualities?
We shouldn’t tell you that getting a mask is quite problematic during a coronavirus outbreak.
We advise you to make use of WHO public recommendations on how to use protective facewear. They include the following:
- Perform hand hygiene before and after applying the mask. It’s best to use alcohol-heavy liquids. However, washing your hands with soap and water for 21 seconds should be fine.
- Don’t touch the insides of your mask with hands. When you remove your facewear – do it from the back of the mask.
- Make sure to remove any gaps between the respirator and your face, thus ensuring the tightest seal.
- Avoid touching your face or readjusting the mask. If you absolutely have to – don’t forget to clean your hands prior and after the fact.
- Don’t reuse disposable respirators.
- Replace your mask if it starts to feel damp.
Where should you wear respiratory protection during the quarantine?
- Tight spaces and crowded rooms.
- Medical and governmental institutions.
- Grocery stores and public transport.
- All places where it’s difficult to maintain a physical distance between people.
All these pieces of advice apply to Kimberly Clark masks we mentioned above. Thus, feel free to follow them to maximize the effectiveness of your respiratory protection.
Are Kimberly Clark Masks Able to Protect Against Airborne Pollution and Viruses?
Kimberly Clark offers masks that can effectively block over 95.5% of harmful airborne bacteria. That also includes viruses and germs.
Kimberly Clark N95 respirators gained the approval of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. Their N95 masks are recognized as equipment that’s guaranteed to provide sufficient levels of protection from the majority of airborne pollution.
But that’s not all. This company has a history to back it up.Back in 2013, Kimberly Clark was able to provide their products to US-based customers in an effort to address the flu epidemic. Now it focuses on boosting the production of respiratory protection equipment to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
To sum it up, the masks and respirators we mentioned in this review offer various levels of protection based on customer needs.
Do you need a mask for house chores or backyard work? Are you a medical worker? Maybe you’re seeking protection from a dangerous infection that’s running loose worldwide? Kimberly Clark masks are sure to please everyone! If you need to get reliable respiratory protection for every situation – feel free to order one today!